Thursday, November 2

The Prettiest Girl in the Whole Wide World

I don't know if there's any saying in English but in Chinese there's a proverb that goes "bad things don't come alone". Maybe it can be translated as "misery loves company" although some meaning does seem to be lost in translation.
OK, in today's case, both proverbs will do. Around noon, I received a message from Slurrie saying she aint well and stuff bout operation and I guess she's having a really bad tummy ache so yeah, pity her~! I wonder if it's appendicitis? I guess we might find out tomorrow cause there's a plan to go visit her although it's not too sure yet.
AH!! My Slurrie~ haha, I'm actually having fun with this. OK, I WAS having fun with it.... Until karma played its horrible and cruel trick on me.
Later that evening, I passed on going to Penang with my parents and going to watch a basketball match with my friends because I have some pre-arranged appointments, and I did both with a great sense of doubt and a faint touch of regret. I mean, HELLO~ I passed on going to a freaking basketball match!! And to think they won on this match that I missed but no~ *rolls eyes* they just HAD TO lose the last one I decided to attend. *toooooooooooooot*
But, an appointment is an appointment so at about 8pm, I left the house with the house keys in one hand and my car keys hanging on another finger. I locked the door of the house which naturally required the use of the key, I walk to the gate and because it was raining I decided to unlock the doors of my car before I made the ultimate dash to it and in doing so somehow shifted the way things were arranged in my hand. By the time I reach the car, I realized that the house key was no longer in its former position and it was no where to be found on any finger either.
Of course, being me, I just dismissed it as a minor issue and got into the car before I started rummaging my bag in search of it but alas, it was to no avail. So I got out of the car (this time I was getting pretty pissed cause I'm already late) and went back to the door to see if I left it hanging there and just as I thought, I wasn't that blur. I traced my steps back to the car and I couldn't find it either so I gave up and thought there probably won't be any other person as pathetic as me to be looking for a tiny bunch of keys at night in the pouring rain so I just got into the car and drove off.
Halfway on my way there, I was informed that the freaking thing was off so I just wasted my time getting ready AND missing out on the match. Of course, at that point I was a lot more worried about the missing key because I was stuck with no proper way into the house until around 10.30pm (which is when my parents get back from Penang) unless I find them.
A word of advice to my dear readers, do not attempt to look for something that is half the size of your palm in the pouring rain at night out on the road. Just my luck by the way, the street lights weren't working at that time.
By 9, I was soaked, feeling miserable and stupid for losing the keys on my way from the house to the car (which is really really pretty stupid) so I decided to go for a ride around the housing area. That lasted about 2 minutes and didn't help me in any way either.....
So there I was, stuck, locked out of my own house BY MYSELF at night with a small bottle of water, my wallet, phone and car keys plus no friends to turn to as they've all went to the match. And I was feeling really really hungry too. Of course I could have just gone and bought some food seeing that I had money and transport as well but I felt that I would somehow feel like a bigger loser if I went out to dine alone.
Laugh all you want. I locked myself out there for over 2 hours. TWO MOFO HOURS!!! Can you imagine that?! Sitting out there in the dark, dejected with nothing but the sound of rain drops to accompany me?! OK, that was a lie cause PF was actually kind enough to message with me but still....
At around 10pm, I got fed up and was heading to the car to treat myself to a piece of cake when I found a few metal wires on the way. Being a very intelligent (translated : learned a lot from movies) and creative (translated : lives in a fantasy world), the thought of picking the lock on my own house instantly occured to me. It's not like I haven't done it before, right?
There's always a downside of watching too much movies and being totally absorbed in it. You some times forget that most of it doesn't come true. Fortunately for me, I have the blood of a true Burmese (in my own translation : useless criminal) flowing in my veins and I broke in in no time at all.
But still, TWO FREAKING HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is this post about? Absolutely nothing at all. I just felt that after that ordeal, I really needed to put it down in words so I won't ever forget how stupid I can get some times. Oh and of course to announce to any potential well-wishers that Slur is currently ill.

There you have it. My karma for laughing at people's misery. I ended up accompanying her in the same pool (=_="). And the worst irony is that I later found the keys under the car seat. Get it, KARma so the keys got lost in the CAR? Fine~ It's a lame joke.
Oh, and what ice cream is good without a touch of chocolate syrup on top, eh? I somehow lost every single one of my cute and precious emoticons in MSN messenger too for no apparent reason at all. Seriously all gone, "poof" just like that. Vanished.

PS: In case any of you are wondering, the title has nothing to do with this post. I just thought it sounds nice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good 4 u!! laf at me.. u din tell me at last da keys were below ur car seat!! hahahaha.. i even tot of a way 2 describe my current state but i muz be an idiot if i tell u wad izit. =p

i noe u've been missing me
-slur-

Pat Kesonsukhon said...

u actually picked the lock n opened it?
gosh i must try n master that skill cus i always get my own room door locked accidently.

ur gates high nuff to climb?
u crazy nuff to climb in?
i broke into the back door of my house once using this metal cloth hanger, stick it in a window n unlock the door from inside. -_-

Niyi said...

haha! i tried to get into my house from the back too but jz this once my mom din forget to close the doors. i mean like every other time she wud leave every single door at the back so wide open the only more obvious way to attract robbers wud b if she put up a neon sign saying "pls come in" but noo~~ jz that one time i was stuck outside, my mom had to close and lock all the doors~ cheh..

Pat Kesonsukhon said...

It's just ur luck man.
There was two doors before i can enter from the back.
I managed to open the first one and luckily the second one wasn't closed so i got it.
If the second one was closed...id be practicin my lock pickin skills haha.