Tuesday, October 31

Paranoia : I'm Gonna Die~!

My dad says back in Burma when he was studying medicine, there's a disease called "3rd MB Syndrome" which is what medical students get in they're 3rd year (in Burma, they have a different education system, but in everywhere else it's first year of Medicine). Not everybody gets it but sometimes it happens and it's really ridiculous but the "patient" doesn't realize he / she is suffering from it until later on.
Anyway, in their 3rd year they start learning about all these pains and disease and the signs, symptoms and consequences of it and they start relating it to real life. Take my dad for instance, he said that in his 3rd year alone, he had himself X-rayed, went through an MRI (I think) and subjected himself to a lot more medical check-up as he suffered from the aforementioned syndrome. What is this syndrome exactly?
It's a case where ignorance really becomes a bliss and knowledge proves to bring about paranoia. As they start learning about these diseases, they start thinking to themselves, "Hei, didn't I have these signs and symptoms a while back?" or "Oh my god, my muscles hurt exactly like this book says and I'm having a headache too! Am I suffering from xxx?". Of course most of them will probably just think "Nah~!" and walk away but people like my dad start letting their imaginations run wild and start doing all those weird tests on himself. One time, he even went to his lecturer and complained about all his medical problems and eventhough she assured him with a kind smile that it's really nothing, he went ahead and put himself in a machine to be scanned or something. How embarrassing.
Why am I writing about this? Firstly cause Slur asked me to update my blog and second, cause I'm only in A-Levels and I'm already suffering from this syndrome.
Due to the advancement of technology and the rapid speed at which information is made available to us at the touch of a button (the Switchy ON button on the CPU~), we're able to harvest and analyse precious and countless knowledge without breaking a sweat. Wasai, like I'm writing an essay on the benefits of internet aneh kuan.
Every time I come across some disease or illness, I'll immediately go and look for more info on that particular problem and I always end up with a ton of unnecessary points. Like right now, I'm under the impression that I'm going to die as a result of vitamin B deficiency. Here's the signs and symptoms of that problem:
* mental problems
* heart palpitations
* heart arrythmias
* fibrillation
* indigestion
* chronic fatigue
* chronic exhaustion
* paranoia, vague fears, fear that something dreadful is about to happen
* nervousness
* ADD (attention deficiency), inability to concentrate, irritability
* feeling of uneasiness
* thoughts of dying
* easy agitation, frustration
* inability to sleep (insomnia)
* restlessness
* tingling in hands
* tingling fingers and toes
* rashes
* crying spells, inability to cope
* soreness all over
Everybody knows I have mental problems. I mean it's a common fact.
Indigestion? Check. I just barfed up the entire Malaysia the other day as a result of it.
Paranoia, fear that something dreadful is about to happen? Check as well. That day right before I went to sleep, I had this horrible feeling that tomorrow when I wake up, something is going to explode right in our face. Of course nothing of that sort happened so I can't really label that under premonition.
Nervousness? Yup. I get really really nervous when I'm in the presence of certain people, especially if that person is a friend's parent.
ADD? Haha, I think that should probably be my middle name. The only time I can really concentrate is when I'm playing something interesting like basketball. I can be talking with someone and giving perfectly agreeable replies when my mind is actually wandering the realms of Niyidom.
Thoughts of dying? After reading that article on vitB deficiency, I tink I'm going to die pretty soon. Maybe tomorrow.
Easy agitation. I've been getting that a lot lately and I always feel like slapping someone and poor Farhan is always on the receiving end of my frustration.
Tingling in fingers!!!! Oh my god! I get that all the time and I used to think it's because I'm gonna become Spiderman and suddenly sprout little hairs out of my fingers and I'll start climbing walls!! Haha!
Soreness all over. This is probably the most prominent feature of my body which I always blame on excessive exercise but now I know better! Hah, it's all because I lack vitB! And guess what? Doing exercise will use up your vitB supply. See? More plausible reason behind my current paranoia.
Before this, I've also diagnosed myself to have scoliosis, a deformity of the spine which results in me having back pains all the time. However.... after reading the signs and symptoms of scoliosis, I wish I seriously don't have it.... It said something bout clothes not "hanging right" due to uneven shoulder levels and assymetrical breast in females. (=_=") OK, maybe I have some other spine problem... Let me go dig up some more dirt and get back at you guys on it.
I'm also under the impression that I have a brain tumour which is causing me to have constant migraines and a lot of other neurological problems. While we're still on the subject of brains, I feel that I might be suffering from dementia as well which is severe impairment or loss of intellectual capacity and personality integration.
Loss of intellectual capacity and personality integration! See?!
I've already made a deal with my parents that if I grow up and find out I really do have these problems, I'm going to sue them for a million US dollars each as compensation for neglecting me and my physical and mental well-being. Now all I need is to hire a lawyer and write this down in black and white.
Oh and I've got to hire some bomb expert to come check my house and cars to make sure it really won't blow up....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

*rolls eye*

i asked u 2 blog, but i oredi told u dat u're not gonna die yet either. n like wad u said.. juz eat tauki or tempeh as u noe it better as. brocolli!! hahahaha.. hey since we owez suffer from neckache u shud check up on it too. oh btw juz go 4 a body check la~ it's reassure u whether u need 2 confess now or not. *smirks*

p/s: i noe i said i'll compliment u in da next blog, meaning this one, but i can't find anything to compliment u abt except ur reli wild imagination+nutty head. oh well at least i complimented. hehehe..

-slur-

Anonymous said...

u mention egg soaked in egg batter and sugar? After that fry it right? It's sweet right? i didn't know burmese eat those too. Many modern people don't even know what is it. I think its a olden day serving. kinda funny though saw u mention that. lol.

Pat Kesonsukhon said...

Dude...that's alot of sickness symptoms...
dun forget to add...think too much ur brain mite burst! XD

If i was thinkin too much like u, i'd be some real stressful person man.
Having to fear n panick every moment is horrible.

Chill up~

Niyi said...

(T.T) no!!! Pat said my brain's gonna burst! argh, diz mz mean i hv unnatural build up of pressure due to excessive tissue fluid in the brain which causes my brain to press against the skull!
hei, m i the only one who hates brocolli here? i mean its sooo green and.... brocolli-ish.
oh slurrie, do u knw what that egg-bread thing is called? i really like it la. and i tink its a type of food thats present in every culture.

Anonymous said...

egg-bread

Pat Kesonsukhon said...

that egg-bread thingy....
u sure it isn't french toast ate wid sweet syrup?
or sugar do you really mean the sprinkly-sugar sugar?

wonder if it's the same kind...
i eat my french toast with this sweet clear syrup that's mixed wid a lil vinagar to give a touch of sourness to the sweetness. lol

n dude...i've seen veges more greener then brocs.
maybe the furryness of it makes u disgust it.

Niyi said...

egg-bread? seriously... that seems kinda.. simple. who're you btw?
pat: haha, it really is the sprinkly solid form sugar. hei i've nvr ate that vinegar french toast b4? isit any good. can i use honey or maple syrup?
argh!! pat!! u're making me hungry!! i din have dinner today (T.T)
oh, i hate most veges, i jz eat them cz its healthy but some times i get really stubborn bout it.

Anonymous said...

Niyi, the egg-batter thingy u mention, it sounds very fimiliar. In fac, my Mom make that "egg-bread" last week oni.. Its made the same way u mention but a bit different la. U said sprinkle sugar on the bread right? But my mom mix the sugar with the egg b4 cooking. So, a lil different. I ask my mom what is it called, she said she have no idea. Anyway, she said she learn it from Pakistan woh... duno la

-Irene-
btw, the one who mention egg-bread was me.. I don't know what else to call it.

Anonymous said...

By the way, did ya send any pic to the Yahoo Time Capsule thing?

Niyi said...

see? like i said, i tink the egg-bread is the type of food that appears in every culture cz most ppl have ate it since they were young. mixing the sugar in will ofcz eliminate the problem of me spilling sugar everywhere when im eating it cz its not sticking to the bread.
whats the time capsule? i went to look at it jz now and had no idea what use it has.

Anonymous said...

Yahoo and Yahoo Telemundo are creating a digitized time capsule that will beam onto an ancient pyramid in Mexico and into space.

Yahoo began accepting submissions of photos, video, sounds files, video and text Tuesday and announced that it would send the content into space and project it onto the Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan, near Mexico City.

The company said in a prepared statement that the purpose was to join the "past and present with the universe's potential future by sharing today's culture on Earth with other life that may exist light years away."

You should try sending too, I mean stories or articles..you are good in it.. The closing date is 7 November I think..

~Irene

Pat Kesonsukhon said...

can eat wid maple syrup of honey...but that's the western way of eatin it.
but eat that way only get sweetness.
i prefer the vinegar one better.
got free time go try it.
sugar syrup add a lil bit o vinegar inside.

ur so like me...hate most of d veges n only eat em for health.