Monday, October 23

20061023,18:27

OK, it's official. I'm fat and I'm stupid. No I'm not going into another round of miserable self-doubt, whining and messed-up "I-can-do-better" dimension again. This time I'm really serious.
I received 2 lessons today. One:
Don't Multi-task
It really stretches your attention and instead of getting a few things done in less amount of time, you mess up everything and waste forever and a day just trying to sort out the mess. You're not even solving the mess! You're just sorting it out. Like for example, playing Minesweeper while you watch a show. Seriously, I do that.
Everybody has their own addictions. Shoes, clothes, skirts. Some people get high on drugs, some on booze and those Mat Rempits on those strange blood drinks but me, I get my high from breaking my best time in Mines. I'm a total junkie. I can't sit in front at the computer without playing Mines. Some times I get so sick of playing the normal Mines that I'll play my very own modified type like going through the whole round without putting a single flag which is a lot more challenging cause it really test your memory.
Look, multi-tasking all the time has totally spoiled my attention span. I can't even finish a paragraph without getting side-tracked. That's why my bro keeps complaining bout me getting distracted every time we do something. Anyway, I watch shows while playing Mines. The show will be playing, the characters will be talking, things will be happening bla bla bla but I'll be playing Mines intermediate level on the very same screen. Can't play expert cause then the window will become too big and totally block the show although I doubt I'll notice cause my eyes hardly ever leave the Mines window to take note of what's happening in the show. In doing so, I'm forced to replay most of the show and I never break my time during those moments cause I have to try hard to listen to the conversation too.
Anyway, just now a friend of mine sent me a stupid URL and I just click on it, a window popped up and I didn't even read it and straight away clicked "OK". Why? Because I was freaking playing Mines. What happened? Now my idiotic com has got the flu. Well, at least that's what I'm calling it. I've put my anti-virus crew into action but all they seem to be doing is slow down my computer, detect the bad guy yet is totally unable to disable that *toot*. So again, do not multi-task!
And the irony of this incident is that I rarely even chat with most people. I mean I just stick to my constant list of about 10 people I'll chat with or take heed of when they message me and everybody else gets ignored 99% of the time but this time I just HAD TO *rolls eyes* go and click on that stupid blue thing. It's so frustrating. And now I can't sign into MSN.
That explains why I'm stupid. Now why am I fat? Cause I watched an Oprah show just now about how these two docs do a make over for a typical overweight 40+ American housewife. They empty out her fridge (not cause they want to but because the whole thing is filled with yummy mouth-watering food and in nutritionist language, delicious = fat), get her through all these physical exams and assign her to a strict 90-day get healthy program and 90 days later, she lost 40+ pounds. Anyway, in the show they said an average 30 year-old woman should be able to do 45 bent-knee push ups and the magnitude should decrease by 5 for every decade. If you look at it the other way, for every 10 years you get younger you have to plus 5, right? Meaning 20+ do 50 times and 10+ do 60 times. Unfortunately for me and you guys reading this, we fall under the 10+ category and quite frankly, I doubt I can do 60 push ups non-stop. Unable to fulfil what they ask means fat, right? Well, tough luck I guess.
Hei, I just realized college life has gotten pretty boring these days. I mean it's just plain sad now cause a lot of A-level students are going to graduate and we have our AS exams (which is always painful and sad). We really need to spice up our lives a bit more, add some zest back into the days. Easy said, hard done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ppl who can multi-task in a correct way will be able 2 hv things done in a shorter time... *read between the lines*

hahahahhahahahahah.

-slur-

Niyi said...

pls pls pls dont tell me u're refering to urself. hello? u're da gal who got ur finger stuck in a FILE!!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahhaha!!!!!

need i remind u????? who imitated me in her seat belt?????!?!?!?!?!? plz dun make me remind u!!!! n after panicking over it din u guys went like hey, doesn't this sound familiar??!??!?!? hahhahahaha...

-slur-

Niyi said...

argh~ after careful examination and contemplation i have reached a conclusion that a neurological disease known as Slurigitis cause by Slurming bacterium is a highly infectious disease with an infinitely long infectious period.
omg, not only m i slur, im lame too!

Anonymous said...

with short incubation period. within a few months oni u were totally infected n all da symptoms were out!!! hahahaha.. wah.. i even hv a bacteria named after me. *bows* thx babe. hahaha...

-slur-