Sunday, October 7

How Long Do You Wanna Be Loved?

I just realised something really profound! Do you get how much longer I have to live before I die?! Heck! We aren't supposed to die until we're 70 or something!
What the heck am I supposed to do with all this time? Call me an ass for not appreciating this life when kids around me are dropping dead by the minute but seriously, forever just ain't my style. It's just depressing! And they wonder why people get suicidal!
A generation is measured by 25 years each and on average, we're supposed to be able to live to play with our grandchildren, right? I'm not even over my generation yet and believe me, I feel like I've lived enough. So that means I have one fifth of my generation and another 2 more generations to go. Are you getting the numbers?
Can you hear me?
That's another 55 years. What can we possibly do to fill in all that time? How can anybody possibly say we just don't live long enough??! What else do you have to do?!
We live long enough. In fact, we live too long. It's the youth that doesn't last long enough. Look at me, I'm not even past my generation and yet I'm waiting for my death like some invalid lying on a bed underneath the dark gray sky. This is so wrong.
Evolution is ever evolving. Duh, it's called evolution for a reason! So maybe we aren't perfect yet. Maybe we will better ourselves to stop living so long. When are we ever gonna sleep our last? Maybe I should be a rock star or something cause according to some survey, I should die around 30+ that way, which, to me, is the right age to die.
To all of you out there dreading eternal damnation or waiting to living infinitely in Heaven with 99 virgins around you: Wake up!
One thing's for sure, that's not my cup of milk. So take your heaven and hell and go through those big pearly gates as you please but please just leave my mortal soul alone. Just like Death Cab For Cutie sang,
If heaven and hell decide that they both are satisfied;
Illuminate the "No"s on their Vacancy signs.
So here I sit. Depressed and darker than ever, counting down the days till I die.


Take me by the hand and tell me you would take me anywhere.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I want to be loved forever. And want all the people that I love to live a long and healthy life.

I'm sure you are just having a down moment. Cheer up :)

Life is beautiful. It may be complicated but at the end of the day deep down we are thankful for what we've got.

:)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely agree. It particularly annoys me when I hear people complaining about how short life is. Life is the longest effing thing anyone can do. What can you do that's longer? it's pretty damn long.

People are never satisfied.