Friday, February 29

Cause After All You Do Know Best

Oh my god, I have internet!! OK, I know some of you might be thinking "What? She had internet before this too!" but the truth is, I didn't! I was just using my brother's computer. But this is me. This is me with internet on MY internet.
I'm so glad man. Haha. No more sneaking up to his com to do my stuff and bla bla bla. It's all me from now on!
Anyway, this is like... Oh, exactly the 2nd week since I've been in KL. How are things here? Not too bad I guess.
Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend.
My main concern when I first had to come here was the thought that I would be leaving my friends in Penang and my family and I'm going to be thrown into this whole new and foreign situation where (paranoia sets in) everybody is out to get me.
The truth is, I am sad that I had to leave familiarity to go on with my life but now, I can confidently say that I don't regret it.
Regardless of how much Denial I drown myself in, the truth is everybody leaves, right? A lot of my friends left to further their studies of move overseas. They had a life they had to continue. The feeling of abandonment is strong. I guess I've been abandoned so many times that I didn't want to do the same thing. But life goes on, and my turn to leave came and so I left.
The best part of coming to KL is learning a life lesson.
Although familiarity is comfortable, you've got to jump one time or the other. And despite all your convictions, most of the time there is a safety net below.
I've been so afraid to leave my old group because I was afraid to look for a new one. Fortunately, I did find a new group and they're as awesome as medic students can get (I guess). They're all pretty nice and fun and when you need help, they would even trouble themselves to give you a hand. By the way, I don't just mean the friends from Monash. TPS and her room mates are pretty cool though. Plus they're a very good source of entertainment. Being with them is like playing a part in some show called "Comedy 101" or "Comedy Network". Tune in at the rick of pulling a muscle in your stomach while laughing. If life is a wheel and our present is a consequent of our past, then I must have been pretty
good to people in the past.
Thinking back, all through primary, secondary and college, I've always been lucky enough to find a group of people who would stick together and share their joys.
I don't believe in god or anything that claims to have control over the lives of 6billion humans and all the dying species on this earth but IF (against all scientific odds) there's someone looking, I must say he ain't too bad at all.

No comments: