Wednesday, September 27

A Step Ahead of Trials, 3 Steps Behind The Real Deal

Today marked the end of our AS trial exams and boy, does it feel great.
Imagine a brick the size of Komtar being lifted off your shoulders and you finally being able to leave the bed of nails you were sleeping on. That's exactly how I feel right now.
I know the end of trials only signify that the real AS exam is 2 weeks away but quite frankly, I couldn't care less anymore.
Take everyday as it comes. Don't procrastinate what has to be or should be done, at the same time, don't waste your energy thinking bout what might happen and just wait for it to happen.
That's the attitude that I'll be adopting until something else comes along. Preferably something with big shiny lights and background music that goes "Ka-ching!".
I've had this habit since... Well, since quite a long time ago about always stressing myself out for the trials (at least in my terms it's really stressing it out but it's actually just a few last minute studying) and totally letting everything go when the real exam comes. Maybe it's just a mental and psychological retaliation of being forced to cram an infinite amount of data into my head in such a short period of time (which I'll eventually forget.. my brain undergoes thermal decomposition under the presence of an autocatalyst). I don't know. As a result, I end up doing not so well for the thing that actually matters.
Well, not anymore! Say hello to the new and improved me, Version 6.66. For this exam, I'm gonna study and try better than before to make sure I don't let anybody (mainly me) down. Even if it means tying myself with metal chains on a chair with my head held in position with some medieval torture equipment. Of course, fingers crossed that this situation won't take place anytime soon.
People say that a great journey always begins with the first step. Well, at least my mental-will has taken it's first step. Whether the other parts of my anatomy will follow suit is another matter.
Hei Slur, maybe we can do a buddy system where I'm completely dependant on you and you can somehow do your mojo-jojo on me and make me study for a change. I'll be glad to return you the favour but knowing you.... I doubt I could be of any use.
Anyways, good luck to all you sitting for your AS and A2 next month!

5 comments:

Jess said...

good luck nio!!

Niyi said...

hehe. thanks~^.^~

Anonymous said...

oh well, i need ur bio brains!!!! i need bio cells. my bio is crap. T_T T_T T_T

i hv decided. this week is gonna be waste-time week. tv here i come!!!

-slur-

Niyi said...

i wud prefer of my fellow A-level mates refered to diz week as "siesta".
my mission for these 4 days is to watch as many movies, play as many games and finish as many animes as possible~.

Anonymous said...

hey its all in the mind..i know u can do it!!!
good luck niyi...n since im here,sieuming,u too =)
take care.
-shu-