Tuesday, June 19

Blogaria

Slur asked me to make a list of what going on (or off) in my life to help cope with my depression but I never really got to that. So I started wondering why, and then I wondered more "why"s to a lot of other stuffs and remembered a time when my blogs used to be about my life, sort of like a diary. And then it just stopped being so. It became boring random thoughts that I doubt anybody is interested in and I stopped keeping track of what I do. So this post is in celebration of life and maintaining it.
What did I do recently....
Oh, I think I sort of out-did myself today. Yesterday I was telling Mae that I have so many things I need or want to do and I'm bored out of my bones 90% of the time yet I never seem to find the time to do what matters. And today, I've done about 70% of those buggers!
I cut my hair. It looked like the crown of the pineapple when they first finished and used a heck load of I-dunno-whats on my hair but now that I've left it au-natural~ I look like a 4 year old neat and tidy mama's boy. Would post a picture of it if I weren't so lazy to go take my camera.
And I also FINALLY renewed my gym membership. The quest of teng-tengness resumes! For all of you who don't know what The Ultimate Pursuit of The Teng means, it's a stupid phrase coined by Han. He started it as a joke (and still is one) saying after we finish out A-Level exams, he would join a gym and achieve the teng-tengness within one month. Teng-teng in Hokkien means "hard" or something right? But he actually said that cause we were in Gurney Plaza at that time and as we walked pass a metal rubbish bin, he knocked against it and said that's what his butt is going to sound like soon. But last time I checked, he hasn't signed up at any gym, nor has he actively participated in any sports what so ever.
As for finding a job.... YES! I haven't given up yet despite my first failure. Well, my mom's friend told me there's a kindergarten nearby that's looking for a teacher to teach the primary school kids they take care of and I'm considering that because I think teaching tuition is great but I hate kids so it's a toughie. And while I was at the gym just now, I saw a notice that said "Vacancy: Admin and gym instructer needed". Hell yeah~! I was thinking to myself last night that I'd be suitable for a sporty job and mother of all moms, here it is! But I wonder how the wage is. Plus the lady there said it includes cleaning the machines and teaching people how to work out. The second part, no problemo~. The first...... Um.... Considering. And Han asked me to go interview with him to work as a waitress at Chilis. The pay is pretty good but waitress again? Haha.
Now, all I have left on my to-do list is:
Watch all the pirated DVDs I have at home.
Buy and conduct a Desperate Housewives marathon.
Stop considering about getting a job and actually get one.
Find somewhere to learn Japanese.
Bug my mom into finally teaching me how to read and write Burmese.
(This list seems a bit longer than I thought it is...)
Finish reading all the lovely novels I have at home.
Buy more novels and repeat previous step.
Buy new basketball shoes.
Start and finish another series of manga collection.

OK, that is seriously a lot longer than I imagined and there's a lot more where that came from.... So I think I should just enter a state of denial about it....
Oh yeah, and while I was wondering all the "why"s just now, I thought of something. The western culture have pasta, we have noodle. They have bread, we have those bunny-like pink rice buns. They have salad, we have ulam. They have wine, we have sake. And the list goes on but how come they have cheese but we don't have anything in reply?
Well, I asked my mom that and she replied "Who says? We have tofu!"
Yeah, nice and healthy tofu (that tastes bad) against rich and savoury cheese... Very matching.

No comments: