Saturday, June 2

The Bubble Has Burst

There's a sadness in this life that you can't even shed a tear for.
As the last two papers of the exam draws closer, the joy of finally attaining the long sought-after freedom is overwhelmed by the sorrow of another separation. The days in my dreams where we laugh in each other's company is wavering in the distance. This is not as I envisioned it to be. I wanted for us to be rid of these exams and find happiness in each other's company.
How ironic that the thing we were trying to outlive was the very glue that held us together. The final bond, the last bridge of our lives. In another 11 days, we will have nothing else between us. We'll no longer be classmates nor college friends. Who am I kidding? I came here knowing it will never last. Time is too cruel to allow us joy. We met as strangers, and a few years from now, we'll return to where it started. The 18 months between us isn't strong enough to withstand the thousand of miles the burden of growing up will put upon us.
We've bid farewell to so many people so many times that another goodbye won't change a thing. What is 18 months compared to the rest of our lives? The ratio is insignificant. I don't care anymore. Why can't I be an island?
He who is unable to live in society, or has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a god.
-Aristotle

So let me be a beast. I don't want to lose another part of me to the bank called "Memory". How can the rest of you not be broken by the future? The interest rate they're paying is too low for us to tolerate this despair.
There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other, to gain it.
-George Bernard Shaw

I've suffered the first tragedy. Now give me the remainder of it.
This post is too depressing to be published, but isn't life just another bed of nails? Thorn in your side... Now let go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wei so depressing one ur post! dont laaaaa...im sure slur will miss u!
-shu-

Anonymous said...

=.= i won't.

Niyi said...

i tink i'll miss the idea of hving a big slur hamster to crap my whole life about... not the actual hamster.
hehe, but i know i'll miss you tho! actuali im ALREADY missing u! XD btw, the previous 2 lines r for shu.