Tuesday, July 17

Misery Loves Company

Good things come to those who wait? Yeah, right. In a dreamland called "Doesn't-Exist" it may but in real life, it rarely comes through.
Just think about it. How many of you have sat in your car waiting for the lights to change, or lie on your bed waiting for sleep to come and have nothing, nothing at all, happen to you? I mean, you're waiting, right? Does something good happen? NO! Does something bad happen? More likely.
Who knows, you might just get rammed in the ass by some newb driver who doesn't know the difference between the right and middle paddle.
Or maybe you'll be staring up at your ceiling and some Mr. Know-It-All lizard will poop right above your face.
In my opinion, and by golly it ain't a tad bit humble at all, the above scenarios have a higher probability of occurring than a winning lottery ticket mysteriously flying into your hands as you wait for the bus.
The other day, we speculate it to be a Friday, I was waiting... OK, not me. I wasn't even there for god's sake. So, my car was waiting, parked safely in my front lawn, for my family's return from KL and it was doing nothing at all. Nothing. You know, it was just chilling and waiting and hoping and wishing and no I'm not going to sing.
Yeah, so it was waiting safe within the perimeters of my house and when we came back on Sunday, guess what happened to the waiting car?
I can assure you it's definitely not something good.
Some idiot robber or what ever you call those people smashed open the rear car window, went in and dismantled the CD player and the dashboard along with it. Oh, and he (probably a he cause only scumbags would do this) left lots of scars on the car cause by what ever thing he was using to pry out the dashboard! And now, my beautiful X-Trail is in the workshop and will remain there for quite some time as we have to restore it to it's former galore.
All this trouble for probably a 100 ringgit or something. And we had to go through the trouble of making a police report!
I mean the police report was no trouble, what I meant was the having to drive there when I could have been watching Ellen DeGeneres at home part. In fact, contrary to popular Chinese belief, making a police report is no hassle at all!
All those Chinese aunties were going around telling my mom that she shouldn't bother to make a report when those Malays will just give them trouble because we (and those aunties) aren't the same race and I tell them and everyone else right here and right now that that is a bunch of bullshit. BULLSHIT!!
Not only were they kind and considerate of my limited knowledge of the Malay language, they had the whole thing done in less than one hour. Which is quite good considering they had to type the report, take our statements, check the car condition and take pictures of it. They were even gonna try to check for fingerprints but I told them all 3 members of my family and my neighbours have defiled the "crime scene" with our hands so they didn't anymore but I mean that's an initiative, right?
So take all your racial discriminations and all your my-race-is-better-than-yours attitude and shove it up yours cause the only people making such sensitive issues exist are the people who try to avoid it by not interacting with others! I admit I was naive enough to not be open minded about such differences before but luckily, I've been enlightened during the 18 months I spent in college.

No comments: