Thursday, March 27

All In A Day's Work

I'm starting to feel like I'm drowning in my work. There seems to be so much and so little at the same time! So much to do so little time. Plus I don't want to neglect my gyming too. After I finish this post I have to finish tomorrow's PCL presentation and go to the gym. Yeah~ I'm going home tomorrow. At least that's something to look forward to.
I think I'll do like a semi-bimbo here.
I went to University Hospital (UH) yesterday to visit the paediatrics oncology ward. Oncology means cancer, by the way. They were having a birthday party so it was as depressing as I thought it would be although I so didn't like the balloons there. I even met this 12 year old kid called Farhan (what a coincidence) who's so sweet I felt like biting him. His love for his mom was just amazing and he was so friendly and played us some songs when we were the ones who were supposed to be entertaining him. Somehow, I felt like out presence there was more of a nuisance and they were the ones who're going out of their way to make us feel good about ourselves. I really don't know if I should support this because I don't see how our going there would benefit the kids but my friends seem to be determined to make it a weekly activity. I know our exposure to chronically ill patients is good for us but I want to do something that's good for them.
What exactly am I achieving by singing songs with them and doing art together?

These are my friends Christine (the nice one among the 2 Chris), Aliya in the middle and Laveena at the clinical visit to Tanglin Community Clinic. All 3 of them are from my PCL group (YEAH~!). I couldn't get a picture of myself cause my phone ran out of battery but I'm having another visit soon so it's all good.
That's Catherine trying to get a shot in even though I was clearly trying to get a pic of the skull with a nail sticking through the top of its head. We all concluded that this guy didn't get braces cause his teeth were awful!
I know I'm supposed to be studying but I couldn't help myself. Argh! I dislocated its jaw! T.T
These are pics from today. Basically these are how a lot of our classes are. Actually all non-lectures are held like this, which makes it really fun. I even took a video of today's class. Might load it up if I feel like it.
Don't I look adorable?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chubby baby!! XD

Anonymous said...

Maybe history is gonna repeat itself now you're in kl.

All read and no gym makes niyi a fat girl! XD

p/s: The previous comment was me btw. hehe

Anonymous said...

*gasp* dat skull-covering-face pic is u rite? omg u look so skinny la. pfffttt. u shud eat more!! dun listen 2 han la. n u were so chubbyyyyyy!!! hehehehe... =p

Niyi said...

grrr. u knw what my grandma used to call me?
the fattest milk bottle.
apparently i was fat and i drank so much milk i heard 10 calfs starved to death that year.

Niyi said...

ps: i havent seen the skull's jaw in the correct position ever since that day.... \er