Tuesday, May 2

Stupid Girls


Although this post has the same title as the one in TAO, the two posts are completely different... Erm, can't really say "completely" cause I'm referring to the Stupid Girls music video by Pink but it's about different issues.
So, anyone with a brain the size of a peanut can guess that this MV is actually an insult to a lot of celebrity girls (I think all of them blondes...) and their lifestyle. It's not surprising though because Pink DID write this song after she got disgusted by teenage girls who aspire to become hypersexual personae of female pop icons instead of intelligent career women.
But my question here is, Pink was obviously insulting a lot of Hollywood "stupid girls" like (how could we not mention her) Paris Hilton. Doesn't Pink get sued for this? And this isn't her first time either. Remember her old hit single "Don't Let Me Get Me"? If memory serves me right, she sang about how turning into Britney Spears is not something she wants.
This time around, she's back with an "oomph", tackling in her stride not only Paris Hilton but Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Simpson, Fergie and Mary-Kate Olsen (MKO) as well. A job well done, my idol Pink.
Erm, I guess I'm kinda being a hypocrite here because for me to be able to recognize every single one of those "stupid girls", I couldn't possibly be doing so well myself. But the main point aint this. For those dim-witted half-pea brained people, let me explain to you how she was insulting all of them (in one single MV!! She is a god!).
First of all, the MV opened with MKO... Hold on, when I say Mary-Kate Olsen I don't actually mean MKO, I mean Pink dressed to represent MKO, kapeesh?
Anyway, it opens with MKO strutting into a dress shop and banging into the glass door. A perfect portrayal of the Dumb-Blonde Syndrome. How do we know it's MKO? Easy. MKO was once photographed in front of a door (not sure whether it's her house or not cause I didn't read the article) in Boho dressing style. Voila~ I am the master!
Second comes Fergie. Of course she's probably the second easiest character to spot (right after Paris Hilton) because of the extreme resemblance in looks to the actual Fergie. To top it off, she even dances the booty-shake Fergie is soo famous for. Oh, for those who aren't as into the Stupid Girl Syndrome (SGS) as me, Fergie is the only female from Black Eyed Peas. In the MV, she was shown dancing next to 50cent (like the song lyric says so I'm guessing it's 50cent).
Next comes the infamous and horrendously notorious Paris Hilton (If only I can put her name up in neon lights). Of course since her stupidity exceeds all else she is featured a great many times in here and this is only her first appearance. Oh, I'm watching the MV as I write this so that's why I know the order they come out in.
Anyway, in this scene, she is seen in an "itsie-bitsy tee" while choosing her "incy-wincy doggie". Of course the lyrics also say "they travel in packs of 2 or 3" which is probably referring to the superbly stupid duet of Paris & Nicol. The reason why I'm so sure it's Paris is because she is seen picking a dog cage with the words "Stays Younger Longer" written on it, which is probably referring to the fact that Paris traded in her Tinklebell for a new dog, Bambi, solely because Tinklebell was getting too old. Not only is she stupid, this is called animal abuse as well.
Then at the bowling alley comes Pamela Anderson. I can't really be sure if it's Pamela Anderson but the fact that the girl in the green tank top has unnaturally huge breasts MUST mean it's Pamela, who else can it be right? By the way, Mae, why don't you try the inflatable bras the Pink character there was wearing?
So the shot of Pink on the operating table waiting to do the full body make-over while wearing panties with the words "Reconstruct" must be something about Pam too. Right?
Then comes a star that I used to like but then she decided to go blonde and out the window she jumps. Ladies and gentlemen, it is none other than Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay who is well known for her ability to get involved in car crashes earned her way into the MV as the stupid red-head girl driving while on the phone and consequently crashing into things. I'm sorry Lindsay, I used to like you but then you just HAD to follow in Britney's footsteps.
Then my favourite star suffering from SGS of all time makes a reappearance with the scene of girls puking in the toilet while screaming "I will be skinny!". Bulimic, talks like an idiot and has blonde hair, who else could it be but Paris Hilton!!! She should get a Nobel Peace Prize for her stupidity and spearheading the SGS culture. Over here she makes a 2-in-a-row appearance, the next scene being her infamous sex tape! I don't know what all the hoo-haa is about this sex tape but apparently it's very famous and it's stupid. I know there are other celebs Pamela with a sex tape too but how do I know it's Paris? Because it's shot in the night-vision format. By the way, yes, I have watched this before.. Solely out of curiosity.
Ah~ then the car wash scene. How could there be a SGS that doesn't involve a car wash scene? This part I'm not so sure whether she meant Paris or Jessica Simpson but my bet it, it's both of them. Remember Paris in the Carl's Jr. TV commercial in the car wash scene? OK... to watch that I actually had to download it so maybe you guys might not know it. Erm, Jessica you definitely have to know because in the MV "These Boots Are Made For Walking", she was also seen in a car wash scene. Like I said, Paris is truly my idol because of her extremely inconceivable stupidity.
As for the final shot, the MV closes with an old blonde woman in pink standing outside a house that looks really like something that jumped out of Wisteria Lane. A speculation of how Eddie might turn out when she grows old?
Just for your info, all the above interpretations and analysis is based on my own knowledge and ideas only so I'm not sure whether they are right or wrong.
I'm sure a lot of you have lost sight of why I even wrote this post. It's to ask this question :
Won't Pink get sued for all these degratory remarks about the Hollywood "stupid girls"?

4 comments:

Pat Kesonsukhon said...

Mabey she aint getting sued cus she din stick a lable on her head saying for example....I'm Linday Lohan and then go along acting stupid...

As far as it the song doesn't have the name of the person being bashed...leaves people to guess who it is and the meaning of the song bashing the artist...don't think Pink can be sued...

wei...eminem has names in his songs...did he ever get sued?...eh who cares...

btw...pretty cool song I'd have to say....

Niyi said...

ofcz its a cool song~ y else wud i write about it huh?
well, eminem DOES get a lot of problem in court tho i duno if its for bashing ppl or what.

Anonymous said...

kudos 4 da sgs blog!! hahahaha.. n yea coz there isn't any prove she's toking bout them so they can't juz sue her coz they ASSUME she's toking bout them. it's like if we juz go scold others coz we think they're toking bout us they mite juz say shudddup, dun perasan lahhhh..

i still like lindsay lohan!! =p

-slur-

Niyi said...

woh~ "shut up, dn perasan lah~"
hahaha!! damn sia sui if kena that!!!!!!
wah, i like her too but not as much as b4 lah. i feel she betray us lidat.