Wednesday, March 7

Revelation

I think it's very fitting to give flowers in relationships. They're pretty aren't they? But the truth is, 1 rose doesn't mean "one and only", 2 doesn't mean "a world with only us". Regardless of how many bouquets of flowers you give, they all boil down to the same meaning.
Just like flowers wither, feelings will fade.
Of course there's that story MS said bout this guy who gave a girl a bouquet of flowers and told her "I will love you until the day the last flower dies" and he added a fake flower amongst the real ones. It's sweet and all but I guess I'm just too cynical to really believe in all that crap.
I believe in the story of Ondine's curse more. She's a nymph and I won't indulge myself in telling you all the myth and believes towards their kind but one day, a playboy knight (I think his name starts with an L) came and they fell madly in love so they got married and the knight vowed "My every waking breath shall be my pledge of love and faithfulness to you." Then one year later he cheated on her, Ondine found out and said "As long as you are awake, you shall have your breath, but should you ever fall asleep, then that breath will be taken from you and you will die!" or something along that line and he died in the end cause he fell asleep from fatigue.
Now I guess that's a much more realistic take on life and love. That fickle-mindedness that is so distinctly human.
Though unadvicable, it is only human for feelings to waiver. How you deal with it will bring a whole new definition to your personality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey,its refreshing to read ur entries again :) do blog more.

-shu-

Niyi said...

refreshing to read depressing entries? (=.=)