Tuesday, April 11

April 10 - Part 1

8.24am
Rudely dragged out of dream world by ringing phone, answers phone in a totally unconscious and blur voice and miraculously my brain allows me to mumble something resembling, "Uh huh, ngia ngia (Translation : Ya ya) Gimme errr..... uh..... pifteen (Translation : 15) mins."
8.40am
Manages to change, brush up and sprint downstairs in time to not let MShern and "Babe-magnet" Han wait in for me in their car. I wanted to spare Farhan some brain-cells.
Explanation on Farhan's new name : He won the Freshie King title so I'm taking that as something that resembles the Prom King title, and Prom Kings are always babe-magnets... Well, at least in movies they are.
8.50am
Reach some mamak place, no idea what the name is... I mean I know where it is but these places have so many different names until I can't differentiate one from the other.
Ate very unsatisfactory food (which I got tricked into eating because I was attracted to the potato part of it) and drank teh ais with enough sugar in it to last me 3days. Went home.
*Most parts from here on will no longer be chronologically labeled.

Went home, read the papers. Made some phone calls to make sure everyone knows the venue for the night is No Eye Deer (NED) and gave out last minute invitations asking people to go to Gurney Plaza to watch some movie. Had a "date" with the postman but nothing happened. Air-con guy came, finally got rid of my old and cranky air-con that screamed "Bloody Mary" every time I turned it on. But as the great ironic fate would have it, the new air-con that was installed into my room started coughing and wheezing after like... 4 hours of use. It's OK though cause I've already filed a complaint with the Panasonic people (Note: I aint bitching Panasonic, faulty models come by once in a while OK?).
Went to the date with my hair guy, dragged Farhan and MShern along to save me some time, went to Penang straight afterwards. Me being me, we left Butterworth at 2.30pm although the initial plan was to leave at 2pm. As a result and the fact that we got caught in a massive jam on the bridge just made us a lot more late, we picked Pat up somewhere near 4pm although I told her we would be there around 3pm. Talk about punctuality, eh? But of course all this lateness can also be blamed on Mae as she took like... eternity plus one hours to get ready when we were already at her doorsteps waiting.
Arrived at Gurney around 4.30pm, got the tickets to watch Ice Age 2. Day and Mel (plus a light bulb named Merv) went to watch another movie. Entered the movie hall at 4.45pm. So, very expectedly MShern sat with Kay... With me as the light bulb (*Sheepishly* Blame it on the person who bought the tickets for not buying them a couple seat.) Anyway, at first Mae was sitting beside Leng Seng but I could only imagine what kinda begging she went through to get Seng to change seat with her so she would get to bask in Nathan's love for like... One and a half hours? But alas, she is the birthday girl so she got what she wanted.
The movie went well except for the part where I got freaking cold and started shivering and you know how when you shiver your whole body shakes and you can't really speak or do something with a steady hand and stuff like that? Well, so halfway through the movie I could no longer hold my Cola cup up to drink and had to bend down to the cup-holder every time I wanted a sip and when there was like a quarter of the movie left, I could no longer laugh. Yes, the brutality that is the cinema. As we all know Ice Age is a very funny movie that would basically encourage its audience to laugh so Kay (who sat beside me) did just that, and while she sat there in her sleeve-less shirt mindlessly laughing her head off to the silly antics, I was there shaking in the cold trying to laugh but all that came out was loud exhaling of breath and me cursing Kay for enjoying herself there.
6.30pm
Came out of the cinema, called Samson and arranged for Mr. Wei to pick him up at the foyer. Told Mr. Wei we would leave as soon as possible and went straight to the arcade to indulge in some racing, drum games and photo hunting. Again, Malaysian timing, aren't you just so damn proud of it my dear?

*To be continued in Part 2*

3 comments:

Pat Kesonsukhon said...

*thinks how to post some evil comments*
*thinks again...thought: I must not forget angels can't post brutal comments*

I've had my taste of honey with the malaysian timing.
Thank you to the malaysian...
We were living in malaysia illegally for like 6 months, no diplomatic car lisence and Malaysian IDs that we are suppose to get and to not forget that it's been almost a year already that they have been saying "Tomorro I do for u". I haven't gotten my precious driving lisence which has been sent for them to translate since january.

Friends always come to pick late...I'm used to it but it doesn't mean I'd like you to come late again and again.

How can the nation develope if they can't even manage some minor things as time. (gosh I sound like some old lady ranting here...dun take it seriously...I come in peace)

*looks around and decides to run for dear life from the stampede of malaysians holding parangs*

Pat Kesonsukhon said...

Hi...wondering who's the other commenter besides pat huh..

Well...it's me, Pat, again...

I love my comments...
Sweet Revenge...I call it...

Muahahahaha *crackles furiously* eehem ehem

Teheeheeheeeee~ *giggles softly*

Niyi said...

pat, have u ever considered that u mite be a lil... how do we put it... off? a few screws lose?
my advice : stay away from mae.