Sunday, April 9

The Departure


Too often in life, we take too many things for granted. We think the car engine will always start up every single morning to bring us to work, until one day it stops working. We think lunch will be ready and waiting for us on the dining table every time we finish school, until one day your mom has an urgent appointment to attend to that morning. We think that our friends will never leave us, until one day when they really do.
I used to have a blog in Friendster, and it was going pretty good until one day a friend told me she was leaving college. I don't know what happened. I have always hated her guts, and her annoying habits, and the way she totally exploits me, but I went into a kind of depression upon hearing that news and couldn't bring myself to write there anymore. I guess that often happens when you lose something you've always taken for granted.
I don't understand what happened to me. I've only known her for 3months, and at the start of those 3months, I took one long, hard look at her and said, "Stuck up." A few weeks later she, along with Slur and the rest of the Lunch Gang, became one of the few jokers in class who could brighten up my day.
She was the crazy one who always said the craziest jokes and did the craziest moves. She was the noisy one who always did "Super Jam Combos" at our lecturers just to give us a few laughs and to give the lecturers a few wrinkles. She became the president of Anti Niyi organization and The Anti organization. She was the cute one who always played the "Cute Girl" card whenever she was in trouble. She was the one who kept me up till 3a.m. just so she wouldn't have to do her stuffs on the other end of the computer alone while I suffered brain damage from excessive deprivation of sleep. She was the one who talked to me and made me realize there is someone out there who shared the same views with me. But most of all, she was the only one who giggled every time there was a love scene on screen in the cinema.
And now she's going to leave, and even in her departure she managed to make me rip half of the hair on my head off while trying to organize a farewell / birthday party for her. Here's a tribute to Mae, the only friend who ever made me hate a person so intensely in a mere 3 months. Good luck where ever you will go.

2 comments:

Jess said...

where is mae going??

Niyi said...

not sure but she tells us she's goin to russia.. haha, shocking eh?