Sunday, April 30

Random Ramblings

To quote Jess, "If I had nuts, I'd be bored out of my nuts right now."
Seriously, who could have predicted that my life would turn out like this? Ask me how I spent my weekend. Ask me! Ask me!
OK, first I slept till 10am. Then I woke up and ate a breakfast that could feed the whole of Africa for a month. Then I... I.... I sat in front of the computer, changed the position of my chair a couple of times, went down to lunch when it was time, went to sleep for a while after straining my eyes too much staring at the computer and now I'm back in front of it again.
No wonder they say youth is wasted on the young. At least Mae is rotting at home for good reason but I'm a studying college student! Shouldn't my life be filled with more colour and adventure than this?
Oh, and just to inform how poor I am to you guys. A while ago I thought of going for a few spins on the bicycle only to realize I DON'T FREAKING HAVE A BICYCLE!!!! Gosh, that really pisses me off. During the time it took for me to realize I don't have a bike and come back to nestle in front of this flat thingy that's emitting some kinda strange light that have a peculiar hypnotic effect, I decided I have to do something with my life. Erm, fine. Maybe not something as monumental as "change my life" but at least a small little change that will hopefully make me weigh less than an elephant (Yes, I'm fat).
You must be asking if I'm going to do something then why the hell am I still typing this thing right? Well, one of the things I'm going to do is improve my writing skills, so here I am, already starting my quest. So, I don't really know how to improve my writing skills because honestly, I've been writing countless blogs and essays for a long time and it seems like my writing ability is still comparable to a 3-year-old's. The smart thing to do would be, of course, to take up some writing course of some sort. But this being Penang, the last couple of years, I've searched in vain for any place that offers creative writing courses. As for going to British Council and finally start my first ever official English course, well.... I'm sorry but I don't think the price they ask for is quite worth what they teach. Especially cause they'll probably dump me into some class filled with 30-year-olds. Oh, for your info, my grammar sucks to a point where you would rather puke to death than hear me try to get it right. Till date, the few grammatical terms that I can get right are "past /present /future tense", "noun" and "verb". I have no freaking idea what a "perfect tense" is or what all the other funky things mean. Erm, by the way, I learnt the meaning of "noun" and "verb" towards the end of my high school years.
That being said, I should move on to the next way of changing my lifestyle, which would of course be to make it more active. I've always wanted to be a volunteer for some cause that I believe in like a women's right activist or maybe a volunteer at the SPCA. Again, this being Penang, I don't think the first option is available even if I was 40 years old and the second option would require me to once again commute to the island side in addition to the 5 days per week that I'm already traveling. Completely out of the question. So the other thought was to help out at the Buddhist monastery (yes, in comparison with the youth of today, you can count me as fairly religious), then I remembered that the monastery my family always frequents is situated in Lunas. Good luck with the traveling problem my dear. Being a volunteer at a hospital won't be too bad, right? Think again. The hospital near my house is totally out of the question because my father works there. So how bout other hospitals like the one in Seberang Jaya? I heard from a friend who had an ambition like mine that that certain hospital doesn't accept volunteers or something. All other options would again require me to swim across the ocean separating the island from the mainland. That means that all my hopes of doing some humanitarian work has either been thrown out of the window or trampled upon by a stampede of jellyfishs that keep getting minced to death by the ferries.
Oh, what other way to stay active than doing sports, right? Talk about sports and I get as restless as an ant on fire and my happiness level sky-rockets plus I get all these cool ideas about stuffs to do and things that might happen. Then a Godzilla named mom has to appear and beat all my hopes and dreams to pulp.
First of all, I don't know which part of the fish that seems to be swimming around in her skull gave her this idea but my mom seems to think that my bad results are totally to be blamed on my participation in sports. For all of you trying to support her, NO! The only reason I get bad grades is because (I'm being awfully honest here) I'm too lazy to be bothered by something as trivial as studying. Did I just say studying is useless? Well, it's not entirely useless but at least I don't see any point in having a test every single month or worse, sending our parents a monthly report (like its name sake) every month. I actually consider this as a waste of stamps and paper (used to print the report on and to make the envelope). This all amounts to my mom replying "no" faster than it would have taken her to give up on doing Sudoku when I gave her my idea of taking up a new activity, and believe me, my mom can give up on doing Sudoku as fast as it would take Eugene to eat a single cream puff.
Fortunately, my dad is a lot more open-minded than my mom, but I don't actually blame her because that fish in her head must constantly give her a headache that makes her unable to open her mind up. My dad asked me why don't I take up tennis, which is a great idea except that I don't really have a partner and I don't want to waste money to hire a tennis instructor (the main reason is I would have to follow a schedule if I did). Which leads me to search for some kinda activity that can more or less be done with only one individual.
I would really like to do some kinda of extreme sports like surfing or windsurfing but I have no idea where I can do those 2 things. Kiteboarding is a good idea too, but I don't think such a sport exists in Malaysia. Erm, if anyone has any idea on how I can get involved in those stuffs please tell me, K?
Or maybe I could get my dad to buy me a bike again but this time I would like a BMX which would prove some other complication as my mom has this morbid fear or me breaking something, her plants, her vase... But most importantly, my bones. I don't see any problem in breaking a bone or two as long as it can fully recover but I'm really scared of losing my teeth though. Which also means skateboarding and roller-blading is pretty much out of the question too. But I would really like to take up skateboarding and I do plan on doing so before the end of this year.
Ah~ so my day dreaming comes to an end and I'm once again left with nothing but too much idea and energy yet no where to go and nothing to do. Erm, I'm still open for suggestions on useful ways to spend my time. If any smart ass decides to tell me to go study then he / she will have to answer to my fist of fury.
Eureka!!! I know the word "adjective" too!

8 comments:

Pat Kesonsukhon said...

Talk about usless life...
it's not like you sleep all day long and surf at night time.

For the grammar thing...you wanna improve on writting...go on...
I had enough with all those grammatic things they feed into my head back in thailand...eck...what the hell...past perfect, present continuos...past present perfect...look at em...I dun remember a thing...I used guessing to get me throught all the exams.(Luckily it worked)

Hey, the volenteer thingy...they have it here? I tried registering to a hospital where they accept it in thailand but too my luck...they decided to stop the project and I came back with nothin.
Have any of those ophanage...old people's place or those abnormal animal palces to go to here?
More of a charity work...it'd be nice to do...(suggestion if your interested)

Niyi said...

erm, i tink u can go to those old folks home and stuff but i dont know how to start getting involved in things like this...

Jess said...

try horse riding.. penang turf club.. very very fun!!!

Jess said...

STFU u bitch!! u know ur english is super duper great..
haha.. u just dont learn grammar the old fashioned way.. u learn it by reading and writing.. thats the way anyway..
i dont know shit about what past participle.. heck i cant even tell the difference between a verb and an adjective or a noun.. sosad

Niyi said...

woh! haha! i beat you flat out! i know the difference between noun verb and adjective! muahahahhahaha. but seriously, my english sucks big time k?
horse riding? i thought you have to be a member to go to that penang turf thingy... jess ah~ i know you rich lah! wa tak ada money.

Pat Kesonsukhon said...

Going to the place and as them if you can get involved might solve it all...

Niyi said...

going where?
but still the looming problem is this... wa bo lui~!!!!!

Jess said...

u dont have to be a member lah.. i wasnt a member pun.. the price is quite reasonable if u compare it to those rides they sell at theme parks or at batu feringghi