Sunday, June 25

A Day In A Life

Today started on the right foot with me finally washing my SLK Kompressor (Translation: Small Little Kancil, Compact version). After don’t ask me how long, my little buddy has finally returned to its original white colour. OK, fine. It has ALMOST returned to its original white colour. It’s not really my fault that the car is so old it can’t look pearly white anymore, right? Whatever your answer is, I don’t care.

Later on, since my mom went to this charity / karaoke competition strictly for those whose age group is that one that thinks Sean Connery is hot, I decided to show my inborn talent in the kitchen by cooking up a delicious meal for me and my dad. The meal included soup, rice and self-made fish pâté. The whole fish pâté thing was going perfectly well up to the point where I seasoned it with some thyme, rosemary and oregano plus (I had to pound these myself) black pepper. The thing tasted great, I could say it was perfect! Fit for the kitchen of a master chef. I was so proud of myself I was beyond cloud nine, I think I actually touched cloud number eleven! But then came the hard part… Cooking is, or more specifically, frying it. What could be so hard with frying something right? Just pour some oil into the wok, heat it up and gently slide the fish pâté in. Are we missing a point here?

YES!! How in freaking Satan’s name do we make the thing stick together when it’s placed in oil? Actually the thing was looking great up to the point where it touched the oil, and then I covered the wok up to prevent the oil from splitter-splattering everywhere. A few very short minutes later, I opened the lid and found myself a… How do you describe that sort of texture, that sort of form?!? Well, basically, it looked like pieces of Styrofoam floating around on bubbling water. So, to prevent further loss of good food, dad and I settled for just micro-waved fish pâté. It wasn’t all that bad.

See? I did two useful things today! Actually I had more useful things to say but after the shopping trip just now, my memory seemed to have betrayed me. Oh, by the way, Slur, if you’re rejoicing over my failed attempt to make superbly good food (it turned out extremely good, but not superb), then just remember this: Misery loves company.

Oh, and another thing. I now officially declare the weather as my sworn enemy. Let me tell you how wicked it is! The past few days I have been dying to play basketball and (*gasps*) have been able to find friends to play with me but it freaking had to rain. One time, I saw the rain stop so gleefully hopped into my basketball clothes and got ready to leave the house (I even had my contacts on) but just as I picked up my SLK Kompressor keys, *bada-boom* it started raining again! I was so pissed; the word “pissed” is an understatement! However, today I had no friend and no intention to go play and guess what? Mr. Sun decided to finally make his long-awaited appearance. I swear to Myself if I had a long-enough hand, I would freaking slap the dark clouds and give Mr. Sun a good verbal spanking.

Yesterday the team I was supporting won! OK, I don’t really like the team but I love the jersey hence my complete support towards the team. Which is it? Germany!! I don’t really like Podolski but since he scored for Germany, guess I have to accept that fact now. However, the captain, I think his name is Ballack, was a little too eager to score, and it wasn’t a great day for Klose because he made a few good shots but the goalie caught them all.

Today is England vs. Ecuador and I don’t support either of them… But I’m still going to watch! I don’t know why! But it’s like, I hate football but I keep watching it! Will write a post about it soon. Now, it’s time for me to go curse and swear in front of the TV. By the way, I wanted Mexico to win yesterday but tough luck, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha.. i 4got 2 read ur blog.. until 2 day i suddenly remembered it.. n there u go.. letting me c ur partially failed attempt 2 complete a wonderful meal. note: partially.. i've gotta give ya abit of credit. =p

-slur-

Niyi said...

come on~ you have no right to judge me huny~ i doubt you even knw how to turn the fire on on the stove~ XD.