Wednesday, June 21

The White Unicorn

     Today is the last day of our test, or should I call it “Semester Exam” to make it sound grander? Well, whatever you call it, the main point is it’s over and we have 12 days to enjoy ourselves before all the headaches, hustle and bustle of the student life starts again.
     Wait, what the hell am I talking about? “Headaches”? The only reason I get headaches is because of too much movie and too little time. “Hustle and bustle”? Quite frankly, the only hustle and bustle in my life before today was planning where to go hang out or which movie to watch first, or when we’re going to the arcade again. I’ve seriously deteriorated into a low-life status ever since I entered college… *sweats*.
     Anyway, exam is over and I think I didn’t do that badly. I mean I just totally messed up my Chemistry, and my Biology… And messed up like 40% of my Pure Maths. Did I just say I did OK? I changed my mind. Now we’ll try to focus our energy and attention to the start of a 12 day holiday and try to forget for a second here that I’m once again going to flunk my test.
     Today I learned 2 news adjectives. Actually, I’ve known those 2 words since the beginning of time but it’s this certain kind of usage that I wasn’t aware of. Thank you, Pat, for enlightening me. First “new” word: BOUNCY. What’s so special about it? Well, Lexus and Pat went out to eat char koay teow today and since Lexus doesn’t take prawns, she gave them all to Pat and Pat refused or something (not very sure of the incidents) and she wanted to convey the message that the prawns aren’t FRESH across to Lexus. However, Pat being Pat, she just couldn’t use a simple and understandable plus what any average Jane would use, she had to say “The prawns aren’t bouncy.”
     For a moment there, she completely lost Lexus, just like Lexus had us totally amazed by Pat choice of words when she relayed this story to us. Then she moved on to describe something else, I’m not sure what it was but it’s another type of food. At this point, she got tired of the word “bouncy” and decided to widen out vocabulary more by introducing us to another adjective. Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to describing a type of food as “JIGGLE-LY”. Pat, if you don’t mind, I would appreciate it if you would tell us what you were trying to describe here.
     So, getting back to things I (I would like to use the word “achieved” here but sadly, I would be committing a very grave sin if I did.) managed to do today. I started my very first time of revising for today’s Biology test at about 8a.m. in MShern’s car. I thought me only finishing 3 our of I think 8 chapters for Chemistry was bad enough but today, I amazed myself by actually going into the exam room with about only one and a half hour of studying done beforehand. No matter though, I mean it’s only an exam right? Like when you fall down a flight of stairs and hurt your leg so badly they had to amputate it and then the doctor will go, “It’s just a leg, honey. No sweats.”
     Or when you get crashed by a speeding bus and you’re lying on the operating table awaiting the Reaper to come lead you away then some hot nurse will come in, hold your hand and say, “I know you’re scared right now, but seriously, it’s just a life. No worries honey.”
     Well, whatever. What’s done is done, right now I should focus on having the time of my life because I don’t know for what twisted reason but KDU Penang is very stingy when it comes to awarding us with long-needed holidays. I don’t care if Armageddon comes knocking at my door because right now, it’s all about me and fun. (Psst~ don’t tell my mom I just said that.) My plans for the holiday include going to the BBQ party this Sunday, hopefully going to participate in the AND1 3-3 match which is also on Sunday. Then there’s another 3-3 match on July 2nd at Gurney but I haven’t found a team yet. I wonder when the closing date is. This Friday, me, MShern and Farhan will be going to that writing course held at our school. Then we also plan on going to Genting although the plan isn’t certain yet. I guess that’s all. Oh, and I have to go out with Wai Cheng and Wanlin during the holiday too.
     As for what I did today, I finished Bio exam at 11.30a.m., went out to eat fried Indian noodles with “us” (referring to myself, Farhan and MShern). But then before I ordered, San came to pick me up so I left the 2 of them at the shop and proceeded to Gurney. The initial plan when heading towards Gurney was to grab a bite then San would do her homework while I sat beside her looking pretty like a doll but then we got to the cinema floor and San saw that we were just in time for “The Omen” so we had a swift change of plans and bought tickets to watch that cute little antichrist. Seriously, when he pouts his cheeks, he is absolutely adorable. The movie was kind of scary up until the point where the mom (Julia Stiles) died. OK, it wasn’t really that scary and the plot rather old but since I’m a fan of Ms. Stiles, I feared she would die and every time something bad headed her way, I would cower behind my hands and peek through the gaps to make sure the coast is clear before re-emerging. But then she was killed by an idiotic ugly nanny who is supposed to be 60 years old but looks like she’s barely 40. After that I couldn’t really care less about what happened to the characters in there and the movie become pleasant.
     After the movie, San dropped me off in front of KDU (That *toot* didn’t even have the decency to drive me in and kicked me out at the roadside.) Then I went to join GP class and waited until the rest of the class finished their Physics paper. After that I tried to reduce my “LS” syndrome a little bit but I’m guessing Slur should reload her phone credit as soon as possible because I’m going to annoy her to death by using her as a distraction. By the way, the “LS” part is only for Slur to understand so don’t worry if you don’t know what’s going on.
     Then they finished class and “us” went to Gurney Plaza again and this time, we watched “16 Blocks”. I don’t know why I heard someone saying it wasn’t good because all 3 of us enjoyed it. I mean the story was fresh and the characters were lovable. So currently, the only movie left in the cinemas that we haven’t watched yet would be “Runaway Vacation”. Of course on 22nd June, “Stay Alive” and “Take the Lead” will premiere and we would have more things to watch. Yipee~!!
     Anyway, Pat and Lexus, don’t ditch me on the trip to Genting, come along. And promise you guys won’t miss the BBQ party this Sunday, aight?

4 comments:

Pat Kesonsukhon said...

You took my prawn story and put it up here?!?! I'm just being creative man...*glares*

btw, you forgot the part where alexis went like: Do you throw them on the floor to see if they're bouncy or not?
And we ate char koay teow long time ago but she decided to humiliate me that day wid u guys.

They're bouncy when u bite them okey. The word really suits the prawns ya noe...what other words can u use? Boucny is easy to understand so there goes bouncy prawns.

Jiggle-ly...you can discribe jello as jiggle-ly, dun belive me go see the jello box.
Well, same char koay teow incident. There was some uncooked eggs in the dish, I wiggled it around and thought of jelly...there emerges jiggle-ly eggs.
(I'm a genius)muahahaha


Hey, so ur going to the bbq party? farhan aint goin...are you gonna go?
Let me know asap.

Niyi said...

what, farhan aint going?!!? then um, come on la u dont describe uncooked egg as "jiggle-ly" ok? despite what the jello box says. and yeah, did u try throwing the prawns on the floor?

Pat Kesonsukhon said...

Decide d, me n alexis wont be goin to the bbq regardless u or farhan goin or not.

Half uncooked okey, they aint yokey, gooey or anything...it's jiggle-ly~

Throw prawns on the floor ur ass!!! I'd rather throw them at you. Why would I throw food around for fun...I did throw them on the dish though....kidding.
Now you run along and try that out yourself.

Niyi said...

yeah we aren't going to the BBQ thing either. hei, so glad you guys are joining us for the Genting trip. peace man!!
and actually i don't like prawns so i wud most probably throw them into mshern's plate so i can't really play with food im about to give others, rite? doink!!